How to Make Face Masks
Follow the steps below to make and deliver masks
- These masks can be worn by employees not providing care and by patients and visitors.
- Unlike the N95 masks, these are not designed to prevent COVID-19 entirely; however, if constructed properly they will prevent some transmission.
- There are two variations of the mask – folded and fitted – and both are options when creating these masks.
- Sewing experience, not expertise, is required to fabricate these correctly.
Step By Step Instructions
- JOANN Fabrics has great instructional videos and guides for making masks at home.
- Once completed, you can put the masks in a sealed bin or bag and contact the Foundation to coordinate a drop-off time and day.
- Infection Prevention teams will inspect the masks and determine which masks meet the appropriate standards for distribution. If a mask does not meet the appropriate standards, the mask will be removed from the supply.
- Infection Prevention works with on-site Supply Chain representatives to deploy masks locally as needed to non-patient facing employees and visitors.
Delivering the Masks
To deliver a mask donation to the Chester River Health Foundation, please contact Maryann Ruehrmund at 410-810-5660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate a drop-off time and answer any questions you may have.