Golf Tournament Fundraiser 5/31/19
This isn’t your typical day on the golf course….
And We’re Celebrating 25 Years!
Our premiere fundraiser has always been our golf tournament because it raises funds for the highest priority project or equipment to benefit the people proudly served at UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown.
This year, proceeds will help purchase a state-of-the-art Chemistry Analyzer for our Laboratory.
A chemistry analyzer is the backbone of every hospital and two of ours are 8-years old and must be replaced. It analytically measures multiple tests used for diagnosis & treatment of:
- glucose (diabetes)
- cardiac markers (heart attacks, congestive heart failure)
- lipid panels (cholesterol)
- liver enzymes (detect liver disease associated with many causes including hepatitis, cancer, and other factors impairing liver function)
- drug levels to establish therapeutic levels as well as to identify drug abuse
- proteins to determine malnourishment & blood disorders
- thyroid function
- pregnancy tests
- kidney function
- enzymes to evaluate for pancreatitis
- electrolytes (dehydration/ electrolyte imbalance due to other factors)
- Bilirubin testing on newborns
- Markers for blood stream infections for ER patients
Each machine runs 24/7/365 & tests approximately 198 specimens per day; each specimen could include 10 individual components. Nearly every ER patient, lab outpatients & all inpatients have tests run on this equipment.
In other words, it’s a BIG DEAL!
This equipment costs $190,000. So whether you play golf or not, we hope you will support our endeavor with a donation of any size!
Our current technology will not allow you to choose more than one of the below options at a time. If you are participating as a golfer and a sponsor, or would like to do more than one sponsorship level, please contact Deb Lauser at (410) 810-5661 for assistance.